This was originally published on Liberal America on July 15, 2016.
Sometimes we all need to hear some inspirational words to get through the day. Smartasses appreciate some inspiration as well. Here are some very zen wordsfor those of us with the quick wit.
Where are the funny inspirational quotes? Where are the sarcastic ones? I have a few for you.
1. To Walk Or Not To Walk…“Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.”This quote is good for when you just don’t want to deal with people.
2. Car troubles.“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.”I just had to replace two tires. I’m way ready for the journey. This quote can inspire your next road trip.
3. For job troubles…“Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.”This is to remind you to keep working hard.
4. Be careful.“Never test the depth of the water with both feet.”Don’t dive too deep.
5. Always try to succeed.“If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.”
Who would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
6. Don’t lie.“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”I believe in honesty anyway. This quote just helps reinforce the sentiment.
7. True story…“Everyone seems normal, until you get to know them.”This is just a reminder that there is no such thing as normal.
8. It’s true.“We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our butts. Then things get worse.”Oldie, but a goodie. This one is still true.
A study found that people who are sarcastic are more creative and have greater mental health. One of our Liberal America writers, Corey Clark, had these wordsabout it:
“But what does all this mean for everyday communication? If you enjoy a bit of snark then the findings are truly liberating. Instead of having to hold back those razor sharp quips and withering barbs out of fear of hurting your loved ones’ feelings, you are now free to let rip, safe in the knowledge that you are helping them to become smarter and more creative!”